Breanne Chan

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

About Us

My photo
Two souls who by the grace of God found each other. As we love each other, we remember that it is God's love that made this all possible. As we strive to build a strong relationship, we remember that it is actually our r'ship with CHRIST that binds us together. So as we will begin our life together, it is our desire to share God's love to this world and be CHRIST's humble servant wherever He may call us! Now with the arrival of Breanne Chan, we pray that we will be able to bring her up according to God's Commands and Love!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The BIG 30!

I am 30 today!
But there will be no big celebrations or etc!
I had my big bash already last month!
And it was the best party ever!


This year is a simple celebration!
Just with family!

I have the best present I could ever have already!
Now it is only a time for reflection!
I am not proud of my past. (and I am not talking about achievements and successes by the world's standard)
I could not care less if I never travel the world, or buy a big house and car or have a PHD as a title.
(no offence intended to anyone with these things)
However what I regret the most is wasting my early years (20-30years old) on being so self indulgent. Me! Me! Me! I! I! I!
Self gratification was my theme over the last 10 years!
My selfishness almost destroyed my life and would have brought hurt and shame to the people that are closest to me!
So I am extremely grateful to God for being so gracious and merciful to me.
I will not be where I am today if not for His love and grace. He has given me a second chance!
I have lived in the wildnerness for the last 10 years! It is time to return to God!
I hope and pray that the next 10 years of my life God will use Joanne and I to be a blessing to our love ones and to all those around us!!

P.S. Lala! This pic is for you!

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you!! Big 30 is a big milestone. And a good reflection and an even better prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th birthday, Reuben! Wish you a better 30 years ahead~

    ReplyDelete
  3. joanne looks cute with her new hairstyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul and Adam!!

    (Tairven)I miss Joanne's long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the photo.

    May the next 30 years be better than the first 30.

    and hair will grow again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. reuben, its ok la. her hair will grow long again.. :)
    weelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. they always do that after the wedding! cut the long hair off! :D

    **ducks**

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I am starting to like the short hair!

    ReplyDelete